The Best Vegan Choc Chip Cookies
For anyone seeking the perfect vegan cookie, soft and delicious on the inside and crunchier on the outside, studded with chunks of chocolate and a nutty flavour throughout… I think this may be your new favourite recipe !? Give it a try and let me know your thoughts over on Instagram - don’t forget to tag me in your creations so that I can a) see them and b) apologise for the addiction that will soon follow.
105g (1 1/2 cups) oats
180g (1 1/2 cups) ground almonds
170g (1 cup) coconut sugar
5 heaped tbsp 100% natural nut butter of your choice (I used 4 tbsp Meridian’s peanut butter and 1 tbsp homemade cashew butter)
120ml (1/2 cup) unsweetened plant milk of your choice (I used Alpro’s hazelnut milk)
100g vegan chocolate, chopped (I used Loving Earth’s 85% chocolate)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C (fan).
2. Blitz the oats in a food processor until you have a slightly coarse flour.
3. Combine the oat flour, ground almonds and sugar in a large bowl.
4. Add in the nut butter(s), plant milk and chopped chocolate. Combine fully.
5. Taking about 2 tbsp mixture at a time, squish the cookie dough into balls with your hands (they don’t have to be perfect!), and transfer them onto a baking tray lined with grease-proof paper. Press them down a little. The thicker the cookies are the softer they’ll be in the middle. The cookies shouldn’t spread much in the oven so don’t worry about placing them super far apart from each other.
6. Place them in the oven and leave for about 15 minutes, turning the tray around midway-through if your oven doesn’t heat completely evenly.
7. The cookies will be slightly golden once done, mostly on the sides as pictured above.
8. Take them out of the oven and leave them on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely (or eat them warm if you like!).
Again, apologies for the cookie addiction that is definitely about to take a grip on you… I’m not joking when I say I had these for breakfast. Enjoy!
Love, Ally x