Layered Cherry Parfait Jars with a Dark Berry Sauce
Parfait jars are one of my favourite things to have either for breakfast or for dessert. There’s just something so satisfying about working your way through a variety of textures and flavours, and I always put my favourite layer at the bottom so that I save the best until last. Or of course you can just eat all of the layers at once and dig right down to the bottom from the get go!
Oh and another bonus… the toppings. Parfait jars are something to get creative with. Want granola? Add some in. Want a mixture of seeds? Add those in too. These jars can be personalised to whatever you fancy each day.
So let’s get making these little personalised jars of heaven!
Ingredients (serves two)
For the berry sauce:
215g frozen blueberries
1 tsp cornflour mixed with 2 tsp water
1 tbsp coconut sugar
For the cherry smoothie:
35g pitted cherries
2 large bananas
32g ground linseed/flaxseed
For the yoghurt:
215g vegan yoghurt of your choice
For the chia pudding:
3 tbsp chia seeds
5 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
4 squares of Ombar chocolate
2 tsp desiccated coconut
2 tbsp of the berry sauce
Anything else you’d like to add!
1. Combine the ingredients for the chia pudding and set aside to thicken, stirring every few minutes.
2. Start making the berry sauce. Heat the frozen blueberries in a saucepan, stirring occasionally until fully defrosted and liquid (the blueberries will still be whole or slightly squished).
3. Add in the cornflour and water mixture, along with the coconut sugar. Stir until combined, and then remove the mixture from the heat. Leave it to cool slightly, and then blitz it in a small blender until it’s completely smooth.
4. Transfer the berry sauce back into the saucepan and heat on low, stirring continuously. The cornflour mixture that’s in it should slowly thicken the sauce. Once slightly thickened, remove from the heat and leave aside.
5. Use the blender to now make the cherry smoothie. You want the smoothie to be thick (hence including no plant milk) so that the layers above it in the jar won’t sink straight through it. Once all blended, set aside.
6. Time to build the parfaits. Pour a little of the berry sauce in first, followed by the smoothie, yoghurt and chia pudding. Top with your chosen toppings as you wish, and enjoy!
If you make these jars, make sure to tag me @allytheearthling on Instagram so that I can share your creations!
Sending love and light to you all,