Super Chunky Vegan Granola
It’s been a long time since I embarked on the journey of trying to discover how to make the best and chunkiest granola possible…
…and I think that I’ve finally created the perfect recipe! It has the perfect amount of sweetness, crunch and roasted oats texture. I hope you love this one as much as I do.
1 cup (100g) jumbo oats
1/2 cup (60g) ordinary porridge oats
1/2 cup (55g) ground almonds
1/4 cup (50g) dark brown sugar
1/4 cup (35g) sunflower seeds
1/4 cup (45g) blanched almonds
1/4 cup (60g) dark chocolate, chopped
1/4 cup (80g) nut butter (I used homemade mixed nut butter)
Just under 1/2 cup (100g) vegan margarine, melted (I used Pure)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180C (fan) and line a baking tray with a non-stick baking sheet.
2. Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. In a smaller bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
4. Pour the wet mix into the dry mix and combine fully.
5. Tip the granola mixture out onto the lines baking tray evenly, and very slightly press it down a little. If possible, make sure any visible chocolate can be covered with oat mixture - this will prevent the chocolate from burning.
6. Place the tray in the oven and bake it for 10-12 minutes. 10 minutes was enough for me!
7. Take the granola out of the oven and leave it to cool in the tray completely before touching it. Don’t skip this step!!
8. Once the granola has cooled down, transfer it to a jar or pot. It will keep for approximately 2 weeks, out of the fridge in a sealed container. Enjoy!
Sending love and light,