The Greatest Avo On Toast Ever Made
Okay so, maybe the title of this post is a little biased.... but seriously I'm never going back to plain avo on toast ever again haha. The main secret is to be generous with your toppings. Like, the kind of generous where, say, the world is ending tomorrow and you should definitely enjoy this avo on toast. Anyway, onto the actual recipe!
Ingredients (serves 1-2 depending on how hungry you are! I ate them all)
Your favourite vegan cream cheese or cheese spread (I used Bute Islands 'Cheddar-Style Sheese')
1 ripe avocado
2 handfuls of small mushrooms
1 clove garlic, crushed
A couple pinches of chilli flakes
1 pinch of sea salt
1 pinch of ground black pepper
1 tbsp chopped chives
1. Wash the mushrooms and then chop each one in half.
2. Fry the mushrooms in a non-stick pan along with the crushed garlic (no need to use oil unless preferred).
3. Cut each pitta in half and toast the four halves.
4. Meanwhile cut, peel and mash the avocado in a small bowl.
5. Spread a relatively generous amount of cheese spread on each toasted pitta half.
6. Add the mashed avo to the pittas on top of the cheese spread.
7. Top with the fried mushrooms and garlic, and sprinkle the chilli flakes, salt, pepper and chives on top to finish.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did. Feel free to share and of course come and say hello and let me know what you think of this recipe either in the comments under this post or over on Instagram.
Have a gorgeous day Angels,
Love, Ally x