Peanut Butter Banana Bread Muffins
Last week I had major cravings for banana bread but couldn't find my tin to make a loaf (disaster). So I improvised, decided to go with muffins instead and then went a little extra.... I filled them with peanut butter and added more on top along with some melted chocolate. Yuuum!
Since posting the photo on Instagram and getting some lovely comments I've decided to share the recipe with all of you wonderful people. So here you go!
Makes 12 muffins
100g coconut sugar (or soft/light brown sugar)
75g melted dairy-free spread or coconut oil
225g plain flour
3 heaped tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
3 large ripe bananas (the riper the better!) peeled and mashed
A jar of peanut butter (so you can add however much you like to each muffin)
100g vegan chocolate
A tiny handful of flaked almonds
Any extra toppings you'd like (I added some maple syrup)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
2. Fill a 12-cake muffin tray with muffin cases.
3. Combine the sugar and spread/oil in a large bowl.
4. Sieve and mix in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
5. Stir in the mashed bananas.
6. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases so that each case is half-filled.
7. Using a teaspoon, add some peanut butter to the centre of each half-filled muffin case.
8. Use the rest of the muffin mixture to cover up the peanut butter in each case.
9. Put the muffins into the oven and bake for around 15-20 minutes or until they're going golden/brown on top and are smelling super delicious.
10. Remove from the oven, leave to cool for 5 minutes and then transfer the muffins to a cooling rack.
11. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in whatever way you find easiest - it can help to add some maple syrup to the bowl of chocolate before melting it so that it's easier to pour onto the cakes afterwards. If you add anything cold to the chocolate after melting it, the chocolate will solidify in patches as it gets cooled down suddenly (i.e. don't do this).
12. Melt some peanut butter in another small bowl - again it can help to melt another liquid in with it so it's easier to pour, sch as water or oil (as yes, once mixed for long enough, the water will combine with the pb).
13. If the muffins are cooled, get decorating! Pour the melted chocolate and pb over the muffins, sprinkle on the flaked almonds and add any other extras you like.
14. Devour them all. (But maybe not all at once).
I hope you all enjoy these, do let me know what you think either below in the comments or over on Instagram.
Love, Ally x